Comment on page
How to Add RPC Fast Endpoints to MetaMask
Read this article if you ever wondered how to add RPC Fast endpoints to MetaMask. We also disclosed some details about our RPC Fast service for you to try out today finally
Imagine a wallet that is always right there, in the background of your browser. A tool that keeps you safe with security and privacy features, allows you to interact with DApps in ways you couldn’t previously imagine and gives you access to a new kind of decentralized web.
MetaMask is a well-designed browser extension that has conquered the most dedicated crypto fanatics! This browser extension enables you to create and manage your Ethereum account and interact with the blockchain without downloading the blockchain. The only thing you need to do is to add this extension to your browser to receive your private key and transact within minutes. It works on Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and the new Brave Browser.
Once installed, you’re able to buy, sell, receive and send crypto tokens across any DApp platform or marketplace, as well as use it to swap your crypto variants from one to another. It runs in a web browser as a plug-in and acts as a bridge between the real world and the cryptocurrency world.
MetaMask is a light Ethereum wallet that lets users sign transactions directly from their browser. When people utilize the MetaMask plugin, they can securely log in to different sites using their Ethereum account without going through the registration process again.
The only condition for them is having a MetaMask connection or a Web3 browser. For this reason, if your audience isn’t particularly interested in cryptocurrencies, they most likely do not have it in their Chrome or Firefox, so they cannot log in with blockchain. Moreover, there are no extensions on mobile Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, so, unfortunately, this one-click login flow doesn’t work on mobile.
Regarding a login flow itself, the modified register form will require no further information, except for a specific public address and nonce — no email address or phone number — unless you want to put a traditional login parallelly to login with MetaMask, in this case, you can keep the common username, email, and password fields as well.
When signing up, the public address will be an essential field. Luckily, users will not have to type their public address manually every time they sign up, as it will be fetched automatically.
Every time users send their public addresses, we should provide them with a randomly generated code that they can see in the nonce field.
If they have MetaMask, we can request to receive the current MetaMask account’s public address. As soon as users click on a login button, we make an API call to the back end to obtain a specific nonce related to their public addresses. If no results, the current public address might not be signed up yet, so we should create a new account, transferring the public address to the frame of request. If we have got a result — save its nonce.
Upon receiving nonce by the front end, present a confirmation popup with nonce in it so that the user understands what he or she will sign. When the user signs it, the front end makes one more API call, passing the user’s signature and public address.
As soon as the back end receives all the necessary data such as nonce, public address, and signature, it can cryptographically verify that the public address is indeed under the exact user’s ownership.
To avoid users logging in with the same signature, we have to ensure that every time a user wants to log in, he or she signs a new nonce. This can be done by generating another nonce for a particular user and ensuring this one is saved in the database.
Running your own gas-free RPC node can be a great burden since it takes up a lot of time and effort that are so urgently needed for the product itself. RPC Fast was created to fix this pain.
This is a Web3 developer software allowing everyone requiring a fast and secure blockchain service—a start-up or a large company—to get endpoints and instantly access the blockchains such as Ethereum, Binance Smart Chain, and Polygon without having to run their own gas-free RPC node.
RPC Fast is the perfect choice for those who are going to save on infrastructure and get gas-free RPC node elsewhere. To get started with RPC Fast, follow the steps below:
- 1.Go to RPC Fast's website and hit any Login or Try it For Free buttons. Log in with Google or go through the simplest registration. Voila, you’re inside!
- 2.Choose the plan that works best for your business to get started. The free trial version is available for you eternally if it fits your needs.
- 3.Opt for the preferred network and blockchain from the given list and contact us if you would like to include some specific features or discuss the Enterprize plan.
That is done! You have a fully working blockchain for the needs of your business.
An API key is an alphanumeric key that consists of a sequence of numbers and letters. It identifies your Metamask account, which allows you to interact with it on the blockchain by creating transactions. Each network has its own unique MetaMask API keys that are different from one another, so make sure you don't share authenticator codes with anyone else. But how to create it if I do not have one?
- You will be asked to select four parameters. To begin creating a MetaMask API key for the desired Network, first and foremost, try to divide your project into several apps. This is done to prevent the disorder of the full project if one of its parts fails.
- If you start with a front-end production, you should name it respectively.
- You’ll need to write a short description for your app, for instance, the front end of my app.
- Choose your app’s environment whether it already works, is still being tested, or probably, keeps on developing. In the current case, you’d rather choose the development environment because you don’t test or start the production.
- You will be asked to choose your desired network. Select one.
- Upon completing all the necessary fields, you can create your app. As soon as it’s done, voila, click on the View Key button to copy your HTTP or WebSocket API key.
MetaMask is a secure cryptocurrency wallet accessible either as a MetaMask app that you can run on your desktop and mobile device or as a browser extension. MetaMask includes many advanced features such as MetaMask connecting to multiple blockchain networks and letting you interact with decentralized applications (DApps) directly from the browser. Let’s walk through the MetaMask tutorial on adding MetaMask Custom RPC:
- 1.Once you have created your account on RPC Fast and a private MetaMask API key for your network, go to your MetaMask wallet. At the top of its home page, you will see the current network you are connected to. Usually, the Ethereum Mainnet is set up by default, click on it so that you will be provided with more options.
- 2.To enable adding a new network, opt for MetaMask Custom RPC at the very bottom of the dropdown.
- 3.You will be moved to another window, where you have to put in all the necessary details including your newly created MetaMask API key in their respective fields.
- 4.Click on the Save button to approve your decision to add MetaMask Custom RPC. Here we go, you got connected Metamask to RPC Fast. Enjoy!